Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Milestone

Six years ago, this little boy graduated from kindegarten at the age of six. I remember those first two years of his school life, the cries and the refusal to be left all alone with his first teacher and classmates, the afternoon naps he would take after lessons in the mornings, counting 123's with his chubby, little fingers and his struggles to write ABC's correctly. Unfortunately, I can't hold on to these moments forever. Eventually, he will grow up.

That same year, the little boy entered his first year of primary schooling. For a child like him who grew up not knowing a bit about Thai language, studying in a bilingual school was a big challenge. Slowly and painfully, he learned and adjusted well. We were there all the way to support him during his six years of primary schooling.

Today, he finally completed his six years of primary education . Time flies and children do grow up. It seems only yesterday that I was with this cute five year old, coaching him to write, spell, read and color pages of his coloring books. I now have with me an 11 year old, soon to turn 12 boy who is even taller than me and will enter his high school freshman year by May this year. I'm now looking forward to six years of his high school life and here's wishing you JM a bright and successful future. We love you and God Bless !

1 comment:

Phil said...

Hello Tita Linda!

Indeed, it's a milestone for JM and for you as his mother. More to go as he would be in his teenage years. I know he's God-fearing and I pray that he would be one until he would grow older.

By the way, thanks for the rosary. I saw it in my table. I really like it. I'm so blessed to have it. Thank you very much!

Phil