Monday, December 7, 2009

Our Christmas Tree

We started decorating our home for the holidays today. I've always wanted a fresh pine tree for Christmas just like what we had when we were little girls and boys in our family home, but it just doesn't exists here in Thailand. We had to content ourselves with an artificial tree which is 7 feet tall. No mess and fuss, it took us moments to have it assembled. The really nice thing about artificial Christmas trees is that we can keep it and reuse for many, many years. I assigned JM to assemble the tree with a little help from me. Involving kids in this kind of activity is a good way of educating them about the importance of Advent and Christmas.

Here it is folks, our evergreen Christmas tree now ready for decorating !

We had fun decorating our Christmas tree, lights first and the ornaments followed. I have lots of ornaments in our Christmas chest but I feel I need to buy more when I do my weekend shopping on Saturday. I want to make our Christmas tree to look really special this year.

Beautiful ! Our Christmas tree glows in the dark !

JM shows off his giant stocking ready to be filled with gifts on Christmas Eve. We're not done decorating yet, I'll post photos later on how we decorated our home for the holidays this year.

No comments: